Monday, March 10, 2008

Fishy Fishy - Dinner Party 08th March 2008

Let's eat more fish.....and that's what we done last Saturday...Our bi-monthly dinner party had a very fishy theme indeed. Caz loves fish sooooo much that she was almost begging that we have fish and seafood this time. And I always try to make the girls happy. So we started off with Sushi (I got a very good book 'The Complete Guide to Sushi' @ Waterstones). I didn't use raw fish as I think Caz would have been the only one with a smile on her face. I used crab sticks instead and they tasted nice (although Claire from Brennan's would have fainted seeing my poor excuse of sushi, sorry honey ;-). And of course Caz needed an extra helping of Wasabi paste. with the sushi I served a Lime & Lemongrass refresher. We then moved to the dinner table where I tried my luck with a seafood starter platter which included crab cakes with homemade tartar sauce, sesame prawn toast, Parmesan Plaice Goujons and Prawn Tempura with sweet chili dip. It was a joy listening to the hms and ahhs. As a soup I served an Avocado Soup and may I say.....it was yummy (simply bring 4 cups of chicken stock and 1 cup of cream to the boil, mash up 2 Avocados, mix it all up and serve)...the soup was accompanied by homemade bread. The main course was ray wings with Tom Yum Sauce and rice. The recipe for the ray is from Seamus O'Connell of the Ivory Tower...and according to 'Fish-Expert' Caz...it was cooked to perfection...which put a smile on my face...Last but not least, the dessert made an entrance and I loved the look on the girls faces.....it was a summer berry ice bombe which was filled with vanilla parfait and drizzled with a fruit coulis....Wendy even took a photo of it as it looked so good....And Sabrina wanted to faint.....what more does a hostess want....;-)...Anyway I had a great time and I hope the girls will be back for the next dinner...

Did I mention the wine??? We enjoyed a very nice Chablis Vieilles Vignes.....and of course it was from Bubble Brothers....where else am I going to get my wine...;-) although Tesco is doing a nice Chablis as well....

Let me know if you would like any of the recipes. I will email them to you.

No comments: