Thursday, May 1, 2008

Clodagh McKenna's Farmer's Market Cookbook

....got a new cookbook. Okay it's not that new as it is already widely available and I bet all the foodies out there have it already in their repertoire. But poor me, I only bought it yesterday (great offer). It is great flipping through the pages and thinking....yeah I know this one or have been there as well. The photos are great and I like the fact that the book seems to be personal.


Anyway, the recipes are lovely and I love the fact that -for once- all the ingredients are actually available. I will make the Farmer's Market Summer Chutney as a gift for our next wine tasting. And I really have to try the Lemony Carrageen Moss Pots.. Never cooked with seaweed before (apart from samphire - yummy) so it will be worth a try. And I love the sound of the Couscous Salad with Rocket, Knocklara Cheese, Almonds and Apricots...


I have friends arriving mid May and I think I will cook the Roast Chicken with Preserved lemons, fresh thyme and roasted potatoes for them... So I am sorted :-)
By the way, Clodagh has a very nice website ....

No comments: