- The Taste of Cork is kicking off today at the City Gaol. I will be there tomorrow and hopefully manage to glance at Gino D'Campo and sample some awesome food.
- The Chamber Music Festival starts today in Bantry. This event lasts for 9 days and includes 70 musicians who will perform 35 concerts.
- Also this weekend, Mallow Garden Festival.....at the Race Course. I think I won't be going this year as the weekend is already packed enough as it is.
- Clubland is at the Marquee tonight and the fairground Sensazione opens today at the Mardyke Walk.
- Clodagh McKenna will be the main attraction in Charleville on Sunday to give some cooking tips at her demonstration.
So this weekend is all about food and wine....and I can't wait to get the weekend started ;-)
I will be starting tonight the next leg of my project and prepare the ox cheeks which need to marinade overnight. Tomorrow I will be eating my way around the Taste of Cork and on Sunday, we will have a big BBQ at my place for which I need to prepare lots of stuff, Already made the BBQ sauce but I will also marinade some chicken Indian Style and some ribs. For the veggies, I will have baby potatoes with different dips and haloumi cheese, marinaded in chili and lime.
Will tell you all about my weekend on Monday. Keep an eye out for the project cooking....never done ox cheeks before