Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Leek Week

All good things have to come to an end at some stage and the end is here for my leek week. The last few have been converted into yummy food. And since my camera gave up on me (at least the battery doesn't charge anymore), I can't even give you a picture of the fantastic Leek-Butternut-Quash-Bake I made....and it was yummy. I cooked some sliced leeks in a bit of butter, finished it off with some cream, mustard and white wine. In the meantime I had roasted the butternut squash, which I had cubed, tossed in a bit of oil. Mixed it all together and poured it into a shallow ovenproof dish. Melted some butter, mixed breadcrumbs with chopped nuts and parmesan cheese and poured the melted butter into it. Stirred until the breadcrumbs were coated with the butter and sprinkled it over the leek mixture....and off it went into the oven for about 20 minutes.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wish you could have seen my face....;-)

I have now lots of butternut squash.....so be prepared to get some ideas from me...happy cooking

No comments: