Thursday, April 23, 2009

La Tordera Prosecco

I think I have great friends, always on the lookout for wines for me to try. Jan and Caz came across this Prosecco and got me a bottle. Dark green bottle, with a black-orange label and orange string. Looks very simple but wait until you open the cork. Fruity, apple and peach flavours meeting you. This Prosecco does not deserve the name 'sparkling wine' but Prosecco (with a capital P). The flavour is aromatic and pleasant, fresh and slightly savoury but still very soft. You might think it is a girlie wine - and I would have to agree. It has its advantages to be one :-) Wendy and myself had it on Tuesday - the weather was great, we were sitting in the garden and what better way to celebrate the sun...

Thanks Caz & Jan.....keep them coming :-)

2 comments:

Daily Spud said...

I do love me some prosecco, so I'll have to keep an eye out for this one!

Elke said...

Hi Spud....

yeah, this Prosecco is worth it. I squeezed Jan for information and found out that it is available from O'Sullivan Off License in Blarney for € 15.99.... actually a bargain...

Elke