Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cooking Lessons


Yeap, I actually gave a cooking lesson last night as a project. Wendy, Linda, Eileen, Linda and Derval came and watched me, trying to impress them with my food knowledge and cooking skills. The challenge was to cook 3 dishes within 30 mins and have the girls eat it in 30 mins......

... to make it short, I failed miserably to cook within 30 mins - even with everything peeled, chopped, measured etc. But made up in time when the girls started to eat. The final course was served and eaten within the limit of the hour.

Starter: Courgette and Orange Soup
Main Course: Chicken Stir-fry with broccoli and walnuts
Dessert: Greek yogurt with homemade granola and blueberries.

Anyhow, I made up questionnaires and asked the girls for feedback on the 'class' and I have to say, no friendship will be ending as yet :-) Feedback was honest and I know where to improve if I ever wanted to work as a cooking demonstrator or teacher.

Will hold another 'class' soon :-)