Saturday, September 26, 2009

Haut Tropchaud, Pomerol - 2002


Went to The Wine Buff last night for a wine tasting - organised by Slow Food. Barry invited us along to taste 6 wonderful wines but the one I fell in love with was the Haut Tropchaud Pomerol. Wow what a wine....Barry started this wine himself earlier and was kind enough to share it with us. The pricetag is a bit steep with normally €60 but it is on special offer at the moment for €40 (nope, still haven't won the jackpot....but I am hooked).

The deep red colour promises rich flavour which it delivers. Velvet was running down my throat and created a smile on my face that stayed long after we all left. Ripe blackberries with a dark hint of blackcurrant...tannin not overpowering but adding to the smooth finish which stayed on the palate for a long long time.

With this pricetag you wouldn't bring it along to a potluck party - but just imagine yourself in front of a fire, some lovely mature, strong French cheese, iced grapes, in the background Miles Davis playing Blue Moods....that is paradise (I know I am easy to please :-)

No comments: