Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Puccino's in Paul Street


I still love to head to town on a Saturday morning and have my breakfast...and since Farmgate was still closed for business due to renovation and the queue in Liberty Grill was out the door, we decided to give Puccino's a try. I am not too keen on Franchise Coffee Shops-Bars-Restaurants (call me a snob if you like) but Puccino's (at least the one in Paul Street) is actually quite nice.

The menu is simple but has something for everyone. The Full Irish, The Small Irish, The Veggie and French toast, scrambled egg and salmon were all there. The tea was lovely and the espresso strong as it should be.

I went for the Veggie Fry-up and wow...the portion was big (didn't eat until I came to Roy and Linda's for dinner that night) and very well cooked. Sauteed potatoes were 'al dente' as I like them and not mushy or greasy, mushrooms were pan-fried, eggs had a runny yolk, the beans were nice - simply nice.

Terence had scrambled eggs with smoked salmon - classic combination. Fine speckled dill over the salmon and perfectly cooked scrambled egg....we both had a smile on our face and were ready to do the shopping... only minus point for me.....no prosecco....I do love my prosecco on a Saturday morning.

No comments: