Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Table in the Tarn

Treated myself to a new cookbook (and I really need an extension soon) and this time it is from Orlando Murrin. He used to be the editor of BBC Good Food but left this position to buy an old manor house in South-west France and transform it into a gastro B&B. BBC Good Food is running a series at them moment with his recipes. The book is telling the tale about the transformation including some yummy recipes. Have only started reading it (was dead busy the last couple of days) but it looks to become my bedside companion. The photos are brilliant, the people who work side by side with him are introduced and Orlando's writing style is so smooth and fluent that it is hard to put the book down. I felt transported right into the manor and have a trip to this gorgeous destination on my list 'things to do before I die'. Visit their website for directions and prices and some really beautiful photos.

No comments: