Friday, June 20, 2008

What's on this weekend


    Thanks God it's Friday. That was a long long week and every day seemed to be a Monday. Last night I watched the game.....(I feel really sorry for the Portuguese) and treated myself to a glass (okay I had more than just one glass) Palo Alto Reserva 2006. The wine received 88.8/100 from Cork'd readers. This Chilean wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Carmenere and Syrah. The Cabernet is the dominant flavour and the colour is almost 'dirty' dark red. The label recommends to leave the wine to breathe for 15 minutes. 1 hour was more like it as the wine had a very tarty feel to it when I drank it first. Oak and sour cherries came through when I had the second glass and the tannin wasn't as harsh anymore. I think this wine will go well with some meat dishes but I wouldn't drink it again on its own. So what's on this weekend.....

  1. The Buena Vista Social Club is playing tonight at the Savoy. They might be around 75 years old....but gosh they are good.
  2. From 10pm tonight the place to be is An Spailpin Fanach (opposite Beamish) as a benefit for kids in Peru is taking place. I don't have much more information on this (heard it from a friend of the friend who is friend to the one organising it...you know what I mean ;-)
  3. Saturday, 21st June, a Celebrity Chef BBQ will take place in the Fota Island Golf Resort in aid of the Hope Foundation. For tickets and more information call Sinead on 021 4292990. I am not sure who will be attending the BBQ as the Hope website doesn't have any information available.

Have you booked already your ticket for the Taste of Cork???? The festival will take place from Friday 27th June to Sunday 29th June. There is a really good line up of the best restaurants Cork has to offer. Sunday is a family day, kids under 12 are free.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.......

No comments: