Saturday, November 15, 2008

Got a new cookbook....



..and it is called 'The Vegeterranean' and was written by Malu Simoes and Alberto Musacchio who are the creators of 'The Country House Montali'. It's all about Italian vegetarian cooking and what cooking it is. Country House Montali has been voted as one of the ten best vegetarian hotels. The best next thing is to cook the recipes yourself :-)

The book is divided into Ingredients & techniques, Basics, Breakfast, Starters, First Courses, Second Courses, Breads and Desserts. I have already written a shopping list as the book is packed with scrummy recipes. Recipes are clearly written with little notes and alternatives for vegans. Little stories are placed throughout the book and I can't wait to start cooking.
As Malu Simoes is originally from Brazil, a lot of her native influence comes through as with the Empadinhas, little pies filled with palm hearts and olives, Quiche di Porri - leeks quiche, Strudel di Zucchine..I could go on and on and on..I might even make the strudel for Christmas dinner as Sofie will be joining us for X-mas dinner this year and just like me, she is vegetarian. So far it was too much effort to cook a complete dinner plus a veggie option...but this time I will push out the boat ;-)

The book can be bought in Waterstones for €37.
Happy cooking to me

No comments: