Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Victorian Tea Party

Sabrina invited to a Victorian Tea Party and we all went. When I received the invite I wasn't sure what to expect, what to bring, how to dress etc. So I wore my normal cloths, bought a lovely tea cosy and since Sabrina is Italian, got her some nice espresso coffee from Mahers.

So what happened????? A vision in dark red opened the door. Sabrina was dressed in the most beautiful dress complete with feather hat. She looked stunning. The table was lovely decorated with old china and an oldfashioned sugar bowl....cucumber sandwiches were cut into small slices and the cakes were out of this world. We all felt completely and utterly underdressed but unfortunate for Sabrina, we will be coming back for more and we even promised to dress up next time. Of course this kind of adventure takes serious research....have a look here if you are interested......I had a ball....we finished the afternoon with a lovely Prosecco....hmmmmmmm I still got a smile on my face...

No comments: